MEDIA ADVISORY: Mayo Clinic experts available for interviews during National Men’s Health Awareness Month
Men are 24% less likely than women to have visited a doctor’s office within the past year. What gets them in the door? Health experts say it’s concern about erectile dysfunction. And that’s a good thing. Erectile dysfunction often is associated with other medical conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes and blood pressure problems.
November is National Men’s Health Awareness Month.
Mayo Clinic experts are available to discuss:
- Why men are reluctant to see a health care professional
- Lack of awareness and understanding of the health issues men face
- How men don’t want to talk about “it”
- Reluctance to take action when men don’t feel physically or mentally well
- Engaging in risky activities that threaten their health
- Stigmas surrounding mental health
- Symptoms and treatments for some of the more common diseases affecting men, including testicular cancer and prostate cancer
For interviews with Mayo Clinic experts about men’s health, contact:
Name: Erin Mathe